Welcome to Kawul, we are a local based restaurant.
We believe that a plant-based diet is the best diet for our bodies and our planet. At our restaurant in the heart of the Hunter Valley about 90% of our dishes are vegan.
We are committed to using seasonal produce in line with the Slow Food principles of Good, Clean & Fair.
The majority of our fruit and veggies are sourced within 100km of the restaurant and are pesticide free if not certified organic. All our herbs are grown by Gloria in Lovedale.
If we run out of something it’s because we make everything from scratch on-site at the restaurant. It’s a tiny kitchen and we are small team. The menu changes regularly to reflect our creativity and evolving palate along with changes in the seasons and the produce that is available.
Kawul is not just available as a restaurant experience; we have a range of condiments all vegan, coeliac friendly and produced in a nut-free environment with certified organic fruit and veggies. You’ll find these in Harris Farm, online and independent retailers with great taste.
Kawul is governed by these values
We are delicious; a pleasure to engage with
- 100% delicious guarantee for our customers
- 100% transparency with our suppliers
- 100% delightful place to work
We are creative; an inspiration for our communities
- An intelligent and fun experience
- A culture of innovation and experimentation
- A profitable channel for our suppliers
We are pure; in produce, practice and person
- Natural and without additives or chemicals wherever possible
- Sourced ethically and fulfilled responsibly
- Always with integrity